Callan Downing is the lady behind the "oh my gosh" cute Etsy shop Paper Heart Society. Paper Heart Society is the perfect place to pick up a hand drawn card or illustration for a BFF or a special someone. Callan was kind enough to answer a few questions about her sweet shop in a mini interview with Being/Elliott. Enjoy the closer look in to her sweet shop.
1. What made you want to start an etsy shop/designing in general? I've always loved making little lists, cards, school notes, post-it to dos, love notes- anything (!), with fancy writing. Even if it's something I'll throw away, I can't stop myself. Etsy provides an outlet for me to create on a broader scale.
2. What inspires you to create? Thinking of what-if situations, things I overhear, street style.
3. What do you love about working with hand lettering? I find that it gives me tremendous freedom. With hand-lettering I can create a font that looks exactly how I want it. Even with a handwriting-esque computer font, the tiny differences and flourish is lacking.
4. Do you have a favorite piece you have made ? I don't think I can pinpoint an exact favorite, but my favorite things to create are custom pieces.
5. Describe your style aesthetic.
Appreciation for the intentional cliche, playful, modern but relatable.
6. Any current obsessions you would like to share?
World's Smallest Post Service , cotton candy colored hair, The Royal Tenenbaums, velvet, rainbow sprinkles.
7. What makes love the focus of your paper designs?Everyone wants a little love!
8. Favorite Etsy Shops and why?
Whipped Bakeshop - their valentine cookies are *almost* too cute to eat
Kimberlin Silver Co. - growing up I loved my mom's spoon ring. These handmade beauties will inspire envy
9. Any exciting designing plans for 2013?