I'm Blog Loving: Here & Now
Are you looking for a stylish blog with and a great personality ? Check out my sweet southern blogger buddy Jessica! Jessica is the creator of the super cute fashion and lifestyle blog Here & Now. Here & Now is the perfect place for fashion inspiration you can find everywhere, from Jess's outfit posts to her witty dialogue (She makes me LOL!) Want to get to know Jessica? Check out my interview below to gain a closer look!
1. What is Here & Now all about?
Here&Now is about a journey. I am learning to define my personal style, fight the temptations of fast fashion & curate a functional wardrobe... on a grad student's budget
2. Why did you start Here & Now?
I started Here&Now in October, 2011 when I realized that the creative, girlie, fashion obsessed part of my brain was shriveling up from so many hours spent in the science lab. I might be a grad student pursuing my Ph.D. in biomedical research by day, but I keep the midnight oil burning fueling my passion for fashion by night!
3. How do you create your own personal style ?
The foundation of my personal style is quality classic staples (my list of 50 must haves here). On top of that strong base I layer color through scarves & statement necklaces & my personality with my love of killer heels!
4. Describe who you think your typical reader is ?
Oh my readers, I love them! I swear I have the best group of friends that I have met online through blogging. I think my typical reader is probably a lot like me - starting out on the journey towards building an actual "wardrobe", looking to incorporate both classic & trendier pieces, and all on a not so lavish budget. But I so enjoy interacting with readers that aren't so much like me & yet still get inspiration from my chit-chat about personal style & lifestyle.
5. What are some of your fashion must-haves for the upcoming summer months?
6. Share your favorite clothing item you own and why.
My favorite clothing article would have to be my chambray shirt. This is my solution to all those "I have nothing to wear" crises. I rock mine with jeans, colored skinnies, skirts & tied over dresses - seriously, a miracle worker! (see three ways I have worn it here)
7. Share three products you are currently obsessing over and why.
1. Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Supplement - AKA nectar of the Gods. I use this every morning & every night, & as a result have reduced my need to wear concealer & overall made my skin softer & more even.
2. Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner - before meeting this little gem there was no way I could create a cat eye. Shaky hands beware, this liquid liner pencil is your match!
3. Harvey Prince "Hello" Fragrance - happy, warm weather fragrance that is pretty without being heavy
**The second two products I found through Birchbox, a wonderful service that has turned this former beauty product shy girl into a product junkie, love it!
8. Advice for bloggers just starting out?
Establish your voice, don't let comparisons be the thief of your joy, be friendly with other bloggers, join the community & don't let it stress you out. If you are like me, you started your blog as a hobby, & if you aren't having fun, you are doing it wrong! (P.S. You can see some of the advice/resources that helped me during my first 6 months of blogging here)