I had the opportunity to talk with Young Frankk’s charming creator Christine Young, all about how she started out & where she gets her inspiration for her whimsically beautiful collections. Enjoy the interview below & be sure to check out Young Frankk's facebook & web store.
1. How did you get your start with designing jewelry?
After college, where I attended Parsons for Illustration, I took a break from all the drawing and painting. But I still needed some kind of creative outlet and some kind of new inspiration so I became interested in jewelry making, which opened up this whole new world.
2. What inspires you to create?
Art, Photography, Graphic Design, Interior Design and Fashion Design.
3. What do you love about working with the materials you use?
The possibilities are endless, with each collection I feel like I've been adding a new element each time so it's fun to experiment and to remind myself not to limit myself.
4. Do you have a favorite piece you have made ?
So far, my favorite pieces are from the S/S 13 collection. I would have to say my favorite pieces are the Double Shake Hand Braided Brass Necklace, Awning Hand Braided Brass Necklace and the Full Moon Brass Cuff.
5. Describe your style aesthetic.
My own personal style aesthetic is very comfy, relaxed and simple.
6. Any current obsessions you would like to share?
Downton Abbey (I know I'm so late! I didn't think I'd like it at first but now I'm hooked), sheer textiles/clothing and Youtube vloggers.
7. What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
"Everything happens for a reason." and "It's not the end of the world."
8. What is the one jewelry piece you think is a “must-have” for every woman?
A simple everyday necklace.
9. Any advice you would like to give to aspiring jewelry designers?
Do your research by paying attention to all elements of the design world whether it's product design or even architecture because all will inspire you.
10. Any exciting designing plans?
I've got some ideas in mind for a new collection and I'm looking forward to doing more photo shoot collaborations.