Aaron and I had a great time this weekend camping in Montauk on the tip of Long Island. We explored the beach, cooked our meals outside, and sang our favorite songs in the car all the way home!
Now we're getting back into the city swing of things and I'm craving something sweet. Nothing like a dessert to improve my "back to work" mood! I need something that won't put me in a sugar coma, however. Lot's of projects due!
I love chocolate mousse. It’s nothing short of heaven, but Aaron and I are cutting down on sugar intake. We need a healthy alternative. Enter: Chocolate Avocado Mousse!
This recipe lets me indulge in a sweet treat without the guilt. The secret ingredient is avocado. I know it sounds weird, but avocado creates a wonderful creaminess which really compliments the dish.
Avocado also adds essential nutrients to your body such as fiber, potassium, vitamin B, and folic acid! This mousse is so yummy and rich in flavor! I've added my own special twist to this awesome recipe. Next time you're craving work-week sweets, be sure to try this out!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 ripe avocado, remove stone.
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- a pinch of salt
-One handful cut-up strawberries
-One handful raspberries
-One handful blueberries
-One teaspoon shredded coconut
1. Add all ingredients to a food processor and mix until creamy and mousse-like.
2. Place mousse in a bowl and let chill in the refrigerator 30 mins to an hour.
3. Take out of the fridge and add toppings. I love to pour in a mason jar and layer with fruit.
- Sprinkle shredded coconut on the top and you're ready to eat. Sweet cravings conquered!