being cook: Spicy Banana Bread
The beauty of banana bread is you can make it on the fly. Take those over ripened bananas from your counter and bing-bang make something magically delicious. My recipe I am sharing below is simple and super flavorful. I added spices like ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon for a spicy kick. I love how versatile this banana bread is! I serve it as a speedy breakfast option or for a yummy after dinner dessert. Aaron even loves to have it with his coffee in the morning. No matter what, this banana bread is always a crowd pleaser. Try it out for yourself below!
3 ripe bananas
1/4 cup almond butter
2 tbs coconut nectar
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all your dry ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Mash your three bananas in a bowl until smooth (I like to use a potato masher).
4. Add vanilla, coconut nectar, and almond butter into the bowl with the bananas. Mix until combined.
5. Add your two eggs into the banana mixture and mix until it reaches a smooth consistency.
6. Add your dry ingredients into your banana mixture. Mix until combined.
7. Pour your batter into a greased bread pan (I use coconut oil to grease mine).
8. Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
9. When your bread is ready, try to let it cool for 10 minutes before serving it (I know it’s SUPER hard to wait).
10. Serve warm and enjoy!
P.S-I like to slice a banana in half (long ways) and push it into the top of the loaf before I cook it. This adds a rustic look. Plus with more great banana taste you can't really go wrong!