10 Tips for Getting Ready for an Event.
I always get nervous before a big event, especially if it’s a fancy-pansy one. I mean…WHO DOESN'T?!
I want to look like a million bucks but I don’t have a team waiting on me hand and foot. It’s up to me!
Through the years I’ve developed some tricks to make getting ready and surviving an event easier. When time is of the essence, these shortcuts + some fun additions make my life simpler and less stressful.
Here are some of my favorite tips:
- Prep your outfit in advance. There’s nothing worse than not knowing what to wear. Knowing in advance cuts stress down to zero.
- Hang your dress in the bathroom while you take your shower. The steam shakes those pesky wrinkles loose.
- Wear Spanx. I know this sounds weird, but they are the bees knees when you’re being photographed. They make you look amazing from all angles. Yay for shape-wear!
- Use these magic thingys if you have a backless dress or can’t wear a bra. I LOVE them.
- Use a good makeup primer as your base to add life to your look. It adds a beautiful glow.
- Add one of those baby lint rollers to your purse. This can be a life-saver.
- Have a pair of foldable flats in your bag just in case. They’re perfect when the event is over and you want to take off your shoes immediately. Good move!
- Have a great lipgloss/balm on hand. There’s nothing worse than chapped lips…Am I right?
- Take extra bobby pins. You never know when a hair emergency will happen. One time I was wearing my hair in a crown braid for an event and it just fell out when I started dancing. Extra bobby pins saved the day.
- Take a few deep breaths before you go. Don’t be nervous. You will be brilliant!