Are you ever craving dessert late at night? Me too! That’s when I reach for my Sweet Potato Brownie Bites. These bites are perfect when you want a taste of guilt-free sweetness. I love how these little guys are super portion controlled and packed with healthy goodness. The main ingredient is sweet potato. I know it sounds crazy, but it is so great-I promise!
The sweet potato in this recipe adds Vitamin A, Vitamin C, potassium and dietary fiber. Hooray for sweet potatoes! Throw in some almond butter for healthy fats and fiber, some cocoa powder, which helps with heart health, coconut nectar which helps reduce cholesterol level and you have a winning combination!
On top of that, these brownie bites are paleo, gluten-free, refined sugar-free and vegan! Try the recipe below to satisfy your sweet tooth. It’s only 4 ingredients! How easy is that? Try these babies!
1 cup mashed sweet potato
1/2 cup Almond Butter
2 tablespoons coconut nectar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place your coconut nectar and almond butter and cook on the stove until melted together.
3. Add your mashed sweet potato, cocoa powder and melted coconut nectar + almond butter in a bowl and mix until well combined.
4. Grease a small cake pan (I greased mine with coconut oil) or use parchment paper.
5. Pour your brownie mixture into the pan and place in the oven for 20-25 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. When brownies are done let them cool for a few minutes. Then cut into bite sized pieces.
7. I love to have my brownie bites with a cold cup of almond milk. So good!
P.S- I love to keep my brownie bites in the fridge to keep them nice and moist.