Getting to Know Us: Part 1
I hope you are having a happy and healthy 2018! Aaron and I have enjoyed some precious time with family and friends these past couple of weeks. Now we’re back in New York City trying to stay warm. It is so cold!
I thought it would be fun to do a (or a couple of) little “getting to know us” blog posts to start the new year. Aaron and I will be sharing some favorite memories, trips, etc...
While I’m writing this, I’m actually watching Harry Potter. Can you believe Aaron has never seen any of these movies?!! But I digress, here are the questions and answers. I hope you all are staying warm wherever you might be!
// Aaron’s favorite things about me //
1. She has the ability to laugh at herself more than anyone I know!
2. Brynn’s not just someone who wants to be an adventurer. She’s a true explorer, willing to do anything in the name of adventure.
3. Brynn cares unconditionally for her family and friends.
4. Brynn encourages me to reach my full potential in every way.
// My favorite things about Aaron //
1. Aaron is so positive. Even when things look dark, he somehow finds the light.
2. Aaron makes me laugh so much! He has a great sense of humor.
3. Aaron forgives me for all the ways I fall short in our relationship. I’m so thankful for this.
4. Aaron supports me so much in my work. He takes my photos even when I am being a huge brat on some days. Aaron just needs to throw me a slice of pizza and that solves everything. - Hanger is a real thing, people!
// Aaron’s favorite memories of us //
1. Watching elephants in the middle of the night while on safari in South Africa.
2. Watching the Northern Lights under the Icelandic sky.
3. Walking the red carpet at Cannes Film Festival after directing our short film together.
4. Bike riding on a remote island together (which we will not name, so tourists don’t spoil its serenity:)
// My favorite memories of us //
1. Laughing about stupid jokes together in our Brooklyn apartment.
2. Swing dancing at the McKittrick Hotel in Manhattan on our first Valentine’s Day together.
3. The moment when Aaron said “I Love you” to me for the first time.
4. The many times I’ve been scared and Aaron encouraged me by telling me I could do anything and I don’t need to be afraid.
// Aaron’s four favorite songs //
1. Concerning the UFO Sightings Near Highland, Illinois by Sufjan Stevens
2. I Only Have Eyes For You by The Flamingos
3. Flight From The City by Johann Johannsson
4. All The Way by Frank Sinatra
// My four favorite songs //
1. Mayonaise by The Smashing Pumpkins
2. Atmosphere by Joy Division
3. Linger by The Cranberries
4. Fire and Rain by James Taylor
// Aaron's three favorite movies //
1. Children of Men
2. The Shining
3. Saving Private Ryan
// My three favorite movies //
1. Stand By Me
2. Marie Antoinette
3. Detroit Rock City
// Be on the look out for Part 2 in the coming weeks!