being cook: Cinnamon Chia Banana Pancakes
I’m sitting on my couch eating apple oatmeal (recipe coming soon). I'm watching 7th Heaven (Hello--cheesy guilty pleasure). This week was a good one. I cooked a lot. Hence, you'll be seeing a ton of new recipes on Being Elliott! I've always loved to cook, but didn't have time. I'm making more and more time for cooking now. I've discovered it's one of my passions. I love creating recipes, adding ingredients and taste-testing results. It’s all so rad! I hope you're hungry and ready to try my new recipes! I also hope I inspire you to experiment and have fun with healthy food! This banana pancake recipe is a go-to in my house. It's yummy, filling, healthy and just so dang delicious. We even have it for dinner sometimes because...well...why the heck not!?
These pancakes pack a healthy punch. They have chia seeds which are loaded with fiber, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids. This recipe is simple. Try it. You will love it!
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Agave for syrup. (optional)
Chopped bananas (optional)
1. In a medium bowl, mash banana until smooth.
2. Add all other pancake ingredients and mix until smooth with no lumps.
3. Add some coconut oil to your skillet and bring to medium heat.
4. Once the skillet is hot, add a spoonful of your pancake mixture to the pan. Flip when little bubbles start to form in the middle.
5. Lightly brown pancake on both sides. Repeat this step until your batter is gone and your pancake pile is high!
6. Top with agave syrup and cut bananas if you want!
P.S: If we're REALLY hungry, I double the recipe.