Just got back from a fun weekend with my husband in upstate New York. (Travel guide coming soon!). We had such an awesome time hiking, antiquing and eating...A LOT! When we came home, however, I didn't have time to cook a fancy dinner. In a time crunch, I love to cook my Avocado Pasta. This dish is creamy, comforting and full of flavor! I love how fresh it is. It's packed with avocado, spinach, and cherry tomatoes. A splash of lemon juice is the perfect zesty finish. Be sure to test out this rad recipe below. It's the perfect lunch or lightening-fast dinner!
- 12 oz brown rice spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup spinach
-2 garlic cloves
-2 tablespoon lemon juice
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-1 tablespoon water
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/2 teaspoon black pepper
-1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. Cook pasta to your liking.
2. Make the sauce. Blend remaining ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Be sure to add water if the consistency is too thick.
3. When pasta is cooked, drain and return to the pot.
4. Pour your yummy avocado sauce over the pasta. Toss until fully coated.
5. Serve the pasta when warm.
P.S: I like to top my pasta with a sprinkle of nutritional yeast, a handful of spinach and, when I'm in the mood for some heat, red pepper flakes.