When we ventured to The Hamptons last weekend, we stopped at several organic farms. We brought home quite a variety of different fruits and veggies, but, because produce spoils quickly (BUMMER), I had to think of recipes to incorporate all these fruits and veggies really fast.
--What was I going to do with all those organic berries I picked up?! I got this! My Very Berry Crumble, oh course. No brainer, right?
When I make recipes, I try to make them as simple as possible. I know with your busy schedules you need something fast. But let's not sacrifice pure deliciousness-right? I created this crumble to meet all of those needs. I'm trying to limit my sugar so I also made this recipe is almost completely refined sugar-free. This crumble is Berry-licious, baby! Plus, it's chalked-full of antioxidants and good protein. I love to have a slice in the morning with my cup of Joe.
-Without further ado, here's my Very Berry Crumble:
-3/4 cup rolled oats
-1 cup almond meal
-1 tbsp cinnamon
-1 tbsp ginger
-1 tbsp nutmeg
-1 tsp baking powder
-1 tbsp brown rice syrup
-1 tbsp coconut oil
-1 cup of fresh raspberries
-1 cup sliced strawberries
-1 cup blueberries
-juice of one lemon
-a few handfuls of sliced strawberries, blueberries and raspberries to toss on top.
-2 tbsp of oats to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients for the crumble, mix well.
- Next, Add wet ingredients into the dry mixture, combine.
- In a separate bowl, throw in all your berries and mix with the lemon juice.
- Grease your pan with coconut oil (I used a 9 inch round cake pan).
- Spread the crumble mixture to line the bottom of the pan. Don’t worry if it doesn't seem perfect. Just make a thin layer.
- Add your berry mixture in the middle. Spread it out so it covers all the sides.
- Add the remainder of the crumble mixture to the top to create a little top crust. It’s OK if there are holes! No worries.
- Bake until top is golden and fruit is bubbly, about 30 minutes.
- Let cool and sprinkle oats and fruit on top.
- I also like to make fun fruit arrangements on top sometimes, but you don’t how to do that. - Whatever you think is fun!
- Enjoy your Very Berry Crumble. It’s yum yum yummbie—yes I just went there. haha!